The Historic Barton School House, the first school in Redlands, California, was built in 1901 and operated until 1937, when it was replaced by Mission School. The parcel it was built on was purchased for a redevelopment project and the school building needed to be moved to save it from demolition. The Redlands Conservancy moved the building in 2008 to Heritage Park where it was restored and reopened in 2018.
PanGIS licensed remote pilots were tasked with capturing the details of the restoration in a 3D Model. Staff planned the mission, including checking the airspace for restrictions, programming the flight path, and collecting the UAV imagery on the project site. Staff also processed the aerial imagery using Pix4D software of the structure during the restoration process. PanGIS geospatial experts rendered (a process of generating a photo-realistic image from a 3D image) the aerial images in Blender. The end product was a photo-realistic 3D model in SketchFab that the user could rotate and fly over and around. Accurate locational coordinates and measurements were also derived.